Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm Back!

Hi folks! My husband and I just returned from a fabulous 5 night trip to Moloka'i, Hawaii. It was quiet, peaceful, and exactly what we needed.

Moloka'i has a population of less than 8,000 people. It is 40 miles long and 10 miles wide. There are no stoplights or fast-food restaurants. It was paradise.

Also of happy note: I have been basically symptom-free for nearly two weeks. I had a little spotting while in Hawaii, and I'm not sure if that's normal or not. But it was so slight, I wasn't worried. But no hot flashes (thank goodness, because it was already very HOT in Moloka'i) and very little irritability.

If this is menopause, I can handle it.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 7, 2009 at 2:13 PM , Blogger JellyBelly said...

hi there!

i found your blog via chronic pelvic pain's. i am also on l.upron in preparation for a laparotomy that i'm going to have in august. i was diagnosed with stage 4 endo and a whole bunch of stuff in april.

i've been feeling really down lately as well (i dealt with clinical depressed in my early 20's and it's very similar to that). i'm also low on energy and way more moody than i was before the shot. other than that i haven't had any of the other side-effects.

i look forward to reading about your experiences!

 
At June 7, 2009 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Vander said...

Thanks for stopping by, JellyBelly! I hope that your experience improves. I am very fortunate to have mild endo, and I feel for every woman who struggles with it! Best of luck to you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home