Monday, May 18, 2009

Two Weeks In

Two weeks ago today, I had my first Lupron shot. I still seem to have just one head, no tail, and normal-colored skin.

I also continue to be thrilled at how amazingly good I feel. I have very minor twinges of pain, and those are treatable with Ibuprofen. I love being narcotic free. And (I really didn't expect this) I have three times the energy that I had December-April. Seriously, I slept half the day away back then. I'd go to bed around 11:00 and, if was lucky, got out of bed by noon. I was just always tired. Maybe I was sluggish from the Vicodin. Maybe it was just the fatigue that Endo can bring. Either way, I have none of that now. I get up at 7:00 three days a week with my husband, and usually by 9:00 the other days. I get more done in a day now than I did in three days before.

Yes, I am feeling a swell of depression sometimes, along with those nasty mood swings. But they are minor and manageable. The pain I had before was neither minor nor manageable.

So far, I'm happy with the Lupron!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 18, 2009 at 6:11 PM , Anonymous Jamie said...

Yeah! I've been thinking about you A LOT and hoping that you were feeling better and better. Still like the hubby then?

 
At May 18, 2009 at 10:16 PM , Anonymous Natasha said...

I had to re-read your post 3 or 4 times...not sure if my eyes were deceiving me. Second paragraph, 5th sentence.

This must be a side effect of menapause!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home