Thursday, August 6, 2009

Can't Wait For Tomorrow

I have never in my life looked forward to a shot before. But tomorrow's Lupron injection can't come soon enough.

This week, the old recurring pain has been around a lot. Last night, it felt like it used to feel: lying in bed, trying to fall asleep, unable to sleep on my stomach. The hopelessness threatened to come back too, but I clung to the hope of the upcoming shot.

I spoke to Dr. N yesterday about the pain, cramps, etc. coming back. She thinks that, based on what I've explained, the last Lupron shot likely started to wear off a few weeks ago. So she's also glad that I'm getting another one tomorrow. But since six months is the maximum time you can take Lupron, she's concerned about what we'll do when I'm done with this next round. She thinks we'll put me back on the Pill, and maybe start it in two months. The Lupron is supposed to last three months, but it obviously isn't for me.

If the Pill therapy doesn't work, then we might have to get more radical. We'll burn that bridge when we get there.

Cross your fingers that this injection wipes me clean of any endometrial cells. Come on, big needle!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home