Saturday, May 9, 2009

Symptom Alert: My First Hot Flash

At the tender age of 33 years, nine months, and I don't know how many days, I experienced my first hot flash.

We were playing cards with our friends and all of a sudden someone had turned up the temperature to an uncomfortable level. I took my socks off, drank more water, and tried to ignore it. Then I felt like I could have just stripped my clothes off, but it wasn't that kind of card game.

My face was on FIRE. We took my temperature (mostly because these friends just got a fun new thermometer; oh the FUN we have on Saturday nights around here!) and it was only 98.3. Within a few minutes, most of my body felt cooled down. Most of it. My face was still burning. Now 30 minutes later, I feel like I got a bad sunburn today, but I'm still pasty white.

So then I started to worry. I love the sun. I spend a good part of my summers at the pool. I invariably get at least one sunburn a summer (Yes,I use sunscreen. Yes, SPF 8 does count as sunscreen.) What will a real hot flash (because I think this was just a beginner one, to ease me in) feel like with sunburn? Crikey.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home